Sunday, June 10, 2007

Old Feature- New blog

I have an affliction. I have a virtual D.J. inside my head that plays song on repetition for days. Unfortunately a lot of these songs are really catchy and really bad. Sometimes I am lucky and it is actually something I already have in my collection.

I blog about songs in my head because I feel like once they are out there and known, it dissipates them and gives them less of a stronghold in my head.

You might think I am crazy. Oh well.

I am not currently lucky with the song choice.

Today I am suffering from a little "Joy Ride" by Roxette.

Why, do you ask? Sometimes there isn't a reason why. Something will just trigger it or it is that last song I have heard before I go to bed or I'll hear it somewhere or just no reason at all.

Last night I am waiting for a friend to get off of work at this nice steakhouse so we can hit a party in the Hollywood Hills. I mean this place is nice, white tablecloths, the waiters are wearing waitercoats, the lighting is dark, candles at all the tables. This place is old school and romantic, you wouldn't think that about the music though. It really is quite the opposite.

Imagine yourself out for a romantic dinner with your lady/man. You are celebrating an anniversary, a birthday, valentines day. Your waiter has just dropped off your glasses of wine and taken your order, you have a few minutes of uninterrupted time to chat. You clink glasses. You look into each others eyes, happy to just be together. You or your boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband opens your/their mouth to say ...

"Honey, I am so happy that we have the chance to spend a nice romantic dinner with you, I am excited that we have decided to do this and put my writing, dealing with lawyers, school... (fill in the LA blank here) and spend a nice night together"

Before you or your boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband can respond......

"WHAT THEY DO! THEY SMILE IN YOUR FACE! SMILING FACES,.... I DON'T NEED NO LOW DOWN DIRTY BASTARDS! (BACK STABBERS)"

This can definitely ruin that mood and this place is constantly playing mood ruining songs.

This song is a great song to play when you are stuck in traffic on your way home from the job you don't really like, but for a romantic dinner for two. Uh, uh.

Needless to say, Joy Ride was one of the songs I heard and made me wonder if this is the song I would want to hear if I was out with my man, spending a little alone time.

excerpts taken from the lyrics of The Backstabbers- by the O'Jays

No comments: