Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Bus Blog -1


Times and schedules are taken from the metro website

The 10
The 7:36 a.m. did not show up until 7:52 a.m. and is filled to the brink with students going to Fairfax High. Anytime I ride this bus in the morning, and now not all that often, I usually end up standing. This has made me rethink footwear. Today I can make my way back a few feet of the door, but there was a time when I quite embarrassingly had my ass pressed against the front wind shield and held on for dear life to the ticket machine. In Los Angeles they really pack people onto the bus, I wonder how the clausterphobes make it. in Minneapolis the drivers has a yellow line rule, they didn't care how you did it, but the bus DID NOT move if there were passengers infront of the yellow line. In Los Angeles, they would have you ride piggy back if you could with a person or two sitting on the drivers lap.

More buses perhaps?

The 212
The lateness of the 10 has made me miss my usually 212, but it is so late that I don't have to wait for the 212 too long.

The hardest thing about standing and waiting for the southbound 212 on Melrose and La Brea is waiting outside of Pink's Famous Hot Dogs I still haven't gone but, the smell of Pink's breakfast at 8:00 a.m. is a hard temptation to deny yourself. I usually do not get up early enough for breakfast so this almost kills me in the morning. It is also the only time you will not have to brave the insane lines. The picture in this post is of January 20, 2007.

Someone on the 212 is wearing too much cologne and people have gotten up and moved to the back and opened windows.

The 333
I think I can count the number of times that I have sat on this bus on my right hand. My advice a 733 from downtown to Santa Monica during rush hour. Minneapolis has rush hour only buses, it is not unheard of.

All the songs I heard from my ipod:
Climbing up the Walls- Radiohead
Tango Cancion-Gotan Project
Shake Your Rump-Beastie Boys
I am Afraid of Americans- David Bowie
Pop Quiz- Stereolab
Time Out of the World- Goldfrapp
Carrion- Fiona Apple
Let's Go to Bed- The Cure
Ponta de Lanca- Jorge Ben
Die Gedanken Sind Frei- Brazilian Girls
I Might Be Wrong- Radiohead
Unision- Bjork
El Amour de Este Pueblo- Federico Aubele
White Shadows- Cold Play

No comments: