Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Los Angeles I am Yours


When I left a couple of music saavy people made me a California mix that I would like to share with you.

1) California-Low (A band from Duluth, MN)
2) Los Angeles, I'm yours- The Decemberists (Will be at the Hollywood Bowl on July 7th with the LA Philharmonic. I strongly recommend being there)
3) California (Part I)- Mason Jennings (An artist from the Twin Cities- will be playing a bunch of California shows. I think I missed Los Angeles, but all of my money this summer is going toward wedding related ventures, no, not my own)
4)California Stars- Billy Bragg and Wilco
5) Goodbye California- Jolie Holland
6)
La Cienega Just Smiled- Ryan Adams
7) In California -Neko Case (If you if you happen to be moving from California to Minneapolis check out her song Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis)
8) California- Rufus Wainright
9) My California Love- Ryan Adams
10) Why You'd Want to Live Here- Death Cab for Cutie

In addition I would add (Although you might find my additions typical)
California Dreamin- The Mamas and the Papas ( Because Wong Kar Wai is my favorite director)
Going to California- Led Zepplin
Los Angeles- Frank Black ( Eventhough it is not about Los Angeles California, but the one in south Patagonia)
Let's Go Crazy- Prince (Because of that "shrink in Beverly Hills, you know Dr. Everythingwillbealright")

Do you have anything to add? Email me: fadeinmail@gmail.com

No comments: