Wednesday, April 9, 2008

it is not too late...

.. to celebrate National Poetry Month. Which April is. I have been a lover of poetry for a long time. My first foray into writing was very cheesy rhyming lovelorn crap. I can call it that now, I have the self-esteem enough to say that.

So, in honor of this month that is about writing I hope to share two things with you that are very literary.

One an organization that helps children achieve literacy in Los Angeles. Wonder of Reading whose goal is to inspire children to read. They have made great steps in renovating elementary school libraries (where the love of reading begins) and have provided over $2M worth or new books for kids in the Los Angeles area. Check out their website to see how you can help them reach their goals. They have an event coming up at the Arclight, or you could volunteer to read to kids hint hint.

Also, I would like to share some poetry that I love with you this month. There is more out there than the Thy and Thou, Rhymy stuff. Get ready to have your mind blown. ( I am going to go laugh myself off my chair now)

1 comment:

Scholar said...

You'll still always be Ms. Lemon to me, but I'm glad to see you back in the blogosphere.

Great stuff so far...got you linked up on the blogroll.

Hope all is well.