Wednesday, April 23, 2008

break in the action-"I'm the Mother Flippin"


I needed a mental break as of late. I am still jobless, but have had some strange interviews. Let's just say that although music often sets the tone of my life, listening to Chingy during an interview isn't helping my feeling of hopelessness.

On another note, you Filter Magazine readers may notice my post about their Tribe Called Quest article re-worked as a letter to the editor. It is a great magazine, and don't just pick it up because of this blog. I can't wait to read the Flight of the Concords article. Check out the perfect marriage of Hip Hop and funny . Tickets to their show in Los Angeles are sold out.

I know that I was going to share some poems with you for National Poetry Month, but if I can only leave this month with one, it will be the one in my next post.

Note added after original post: Tribe Called Quest is reuniting for this summer's Rock the Bells tour. I think there may be a date in SoCAl on 8/9, but if not San Fran on 8/16.

No comments: