Thursday, May 8, 2008

Fun and free in LA-traveling the world in one day

I guess I have been on a Minneapolis better than Los Angeles kick lately. I think it is my unemployment talking, not that I am taking back the fact that Los Angeles needs to become better at recycling, I love Los Angeles just in case you were wondering. Here is another reason I love Los Angeles:

What: Botanical Gardens
Where: Huntington Gardens, San Marino, CA
When: Daily 10:30 -4:30 closed Tuesdays
Total cost to me: $15
($15-weekdays, $20 weekend, free day is every first Thursday with advance tickets)

It is amazing the legacy left behind in California left behind by the Daniel Plainview types (not that I am saying that these people are milkshake loving murderers)one of these being The Getty, which I have mentioned and another being Huntington Gardens

The Huntington was founded in 1919 by Henry E. Huntington when he signed away his San Marino estate for non-profit use. It is now home to gardens, a gallery and Library. My visit there was brief, but during that time I was able to travel to Japan, China and the middle of the desert. I unfortunately didn't have the chance to visit England for High Tea, but maybe next time.

Very much worth the trip and you do not need a passport.

No comments: