Saturday, February 9, 2008

A category I would like to see

A category I would like to see featured in a movie award show is:

Best Movie Soundtrack

I know that people think it is copping out, just sitting there and choosing songs that other people have written and recorded sometimes hundreds of years ago and putting them together.
I think that people really forget how a soundtrack really effects a movie. There are moments that people remember in movies just because of the song that is playing. (My most cheesy remembrance is in Say Anything, you know what I mean. everyone does) Making a good soundtrack isn't like making a mix tape of love songs for your boyfriend.

Who would get your vote for best soundtrack in a movie for 2007?
Would it be:
Juno
The Darjeeling Limited
Control
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
more...

If you could go back and nominate a category for best movie soundtrack in the past what would it be? Mine would be Crooklyn.

Email me here at fadeinmail@gmail.com

No comments: