Sunday, September 16, 2007

Bus Blog-2


I am outside waiting for the 10 after a dentist appointment. I haven't gone for a few years, although it is not the bus' fault, an intense scaling (scraping with that small, metal hook) with no topical anesthetic doesn't help waiting for the 10 any more pleasant. What I don't realize as well is that my dentist sent me out into the world with blood in the corners of my mouth and my teeth lined with blood. yay, thanks a lot. Not only do I look pissed, I look like a goth vampire girl too.

I don't feel well, it is hot and I am on my way back to work. I am not able to tell at this point when the next bus will come, but at this point in the day, according to the schedule it should be every ten minutes. After 20 minutes (not exaggerating, I have a trusty cell phone) at an unsheltered spot, I take the only bus that comes, even though it doesn't go as far as I need it to go, but at least where it is going, it has shade.

Did I mention that my ipod battery is dead? I try in vain to start David Bowie's, Space Oddity over and over again with no luck. It is 40 minutes later and I finally catch a bus that will take my all the way to La Brea. If any of you know the area, where I go to the denist on Larchmont is not all that far from La Brea, I could have walked and made it in less time than waiting for what I will try to remember to call the FUCKING 10 throughout the rest on my posts.

Thankfully, the 212 and the 333 came without incident, but if any of you MTA people find my blog, you need a 733, because there are way to many people who need to get from Downtown to Santa Monica. It is like a clown car.

No comments: