Sunday, August 26, 2007

This town....

I just got back into town from Minneapolis. My second trip in a month.

Although a bit cliche, I am really surprised on how much has changed in the year and a half that I have been gone. The saddest to me is the downfall of Uptown.

Uptown has a very nostalgic place in my heart, probably a lot of people's hearts for the first shows of bands like the Replacements and Husker Du. For me, Uptown was where I spent my high school years. For a small town girl like me, who was weird and odd in a town of 7,000, saw that I infact was incredibly tame in comparison.

Calhoun Square is even more of a ghost town as when I was last there, No Borders, no chocolatier no Lavender Ghelatto ( Sounds weird, but really great.) Even though I was against it when it opened as being so anti-uptown, I am even upset that The GAP closed its doors. Davanni's gone (no late night hoagies)

Never did I think that Uptown would look like something out of a Mad Max movie. Can anyone tell me what happened?

fadeinmail@gmail.com

No comments: