Thursday, July 5, 2007

Decoding Minnesota Nice


I knew I was on a plane bound for Minnesota when I was struggling to put my carry on in the overhead compartment and a man asked me if he could help me. I didn't know what to say, other than "thank you that would be nice" I was shocked, I guess the city has made me a bit jaded.

It didn't stop there.

Phoenix Sky Harbor airport is my least favorite airport, ever. I always end up arriving there late and I always end up running from one side of the airport to the other never having time to anything but run and board. This time I did have the chance to grab a packet of those super salty cheese on cheese cracker packs.

When I was on the phone w/ my sister arranging her to fetch me and I happened to mention how hungry I was. The woman next to me offered me her extra granola bar.

You have to deny something three times when you are dealing with a Minnesotan. That is just how it is.

No comments: